With my impending return to the world of book blogging. I looked in on some old blogging friends. Here is what I found:
- Old Bat’s Belfry – Mulluane recently restarted her blogging engines, so I knew her site would be active, and it is. I’ll have to read through her site to find an epic fantasy to read; I’m hankering for one. It’s been a while.
- Grasping for the Wind – This site, run by John Ottinger, is currently not being updated. I am not surprised; I know he has a young and growing family. Let’s hope he returns to the blogging world soon. In the meantime, I let his blogroll help refresh my memory about other old friends, because we frequented the same blogs.
- A Dribble of Ink – Aidan Moher has been nominated for a Hugo for best Fanzine with this longterm site, which has been around ever since the Fantasy Debut days. Congrats, Aidan!
- Debuts & Reviews – I’m blushing. This used to be the name of this site. Thanks, John!
- Fantasy Cafe – This site has been at a new domain for a while now. Seems to be still going strong, and is still stylish and beautiful. Good job, Kristen.
- Fantasy Literature – I also knew this site was still in business. It has gotten a major facelift with a streamlined new look. That can’t have been easy–I know this site existed since before blogging, so modernizing it must have been quite a job.
- Graeme’s SFF – Graeme is back! I thought his site would still be dead, but he had a new(ish) post with a pointer to his new blog, and he is keeping it up to date.
- Neth Space – Hmm … Ken Neth’s has not posted since March. Life must have intruded, somehow. Hope he’s back, soon. His blog looks the same as ever!
- GavReads – Gav Reads is still online and active. He apparently had a hiatus and rejoined the blogging world just last month. There must be something in the water.
- Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist – Pat’s site is modernized and quite attractive, and still quite active.
- Rob’s Blog o’ Stuff – still full of stuff! I checked out his recent books in the mail and several look intriguing.
- The Speculative Scotsman – The Scotsman was just taking off as I was winding down, but his blog is active and looks great.
- The Book Smugglers – Ana and Thea seem to be hard at work, as usual, producing a great site. They were nominated for the Hugo Fanzine award as well.
- The World in the Satin Bag – Shaun was also nominated for a Hugo, but in the “Fancast” category for his podcast, The Skiffy and Fanty Show. Congrats, Shaun!
Well, I’ve exhausted John’s blogroll, and this was a good first pass. In a future post, I’ll check out newer sites that I have never visited before.
4 Thoughts to “Visiting Old Friends – Fantasy and Science Fiction Blogs of Yore”
Thanks for the list. It’s fun to catch up with old friends, isn’t it?
Thank you, Tia! 🙂
Awww, aren’t you sweet! Thanks!
Comments are closed.