Now that I’m not reviewing books anymore, I kinda went nuts buying books because, you know, I just don’t have enough books here. So here’s what I bought. First, I went on a shopping spree at Carina Press (where I linked because I get a generous affiliate fee with each purchase – CARINAEXTRA10 for an extra 10% off).
- Ten Ruby Trick by Julia Knight (pirate fantasy adventure)
- Like Clockwork by Bonnie Dee (steampunk fantasy)
- Stone Kissed by Keri Stevens (paranormal romance)
- Salome at Sunrise by Inez Kelley (fantasy romance)
- The Mysterious Lady Law by Robert Appleton (steampunk fantasy)
I whisked by Drollerie Press and bought:
- Faerie Blood by Angela Korra’ti (contemporary fantasy)
Oh, and a few months ago, I bought, these, which are still in my To Read file:
- Sugar Rush by Kimber An (YA science fiction romance)
- Steamside Chronicles by Ciar Cullen (steampunk fantasy)
Back to last week. Just a few days ago, I went and bought the entire Millenium Trilogy as an ebook bundle from Diesel Ebooks, my new favorite ebook store: (not sure I have them listed in the proper order):
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson
- The Girl who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest by Steig Larsson
- The Girl who Played with Fire by Steig Larsson
Plus, I bought a book in hardcopy:
- Mistborn (epic fantasy)
Plus, I want a few:
- The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney (YA contemporary fantasy)
- Lily of the Nile by Stephanie Dray (which she sent to me in an early ebook form, but which I want to buy in hardcopy or in a better ebook form) (historical fantasy)
- Badlands by Seleste deLaney (steampunk fantasy western (!))
Note all the steampunk. If I’ve heard of it lately and it’s steampunk, there was a good chance that I bought it. I went through a historical romance phase a few months ago and it’s sort of morphed into a steampunk phase. Can’t wait to get into all these steampunk books.
But then again, I have Steig Larsson books. All my friends and sisters are talking about Steig Larsson. So far, I’ve been ignoring them and reading Jennifer Estep instead (Venom–oh, and she just sent me Tangled Threads as well).
Why the book buying spree? Mostly because I got a 50 dollar giftcard and I was determined to spend it all online on ebooks. I still have seven bucks left, too. Hopefully, I’ll have time to read all of this one day soon.