Well, I’ve been blogging here for a month now, and so far I am delighted. I love having my own domain, and I love how much more robust the WordPress blogging platform is.
Things I haven’t done:
- Gotten the danged header to say “Debuts & Reviews” so I can get it off my sidebar. Someone even sent me a helpful hint. I just haven’t taken the time to get it done.
- Found a decent Archives widget. Any suggestions? The built-in one really sucks, to use a crude term.
- Attracted all my old Google Friends to this Google Friend Connect widget. Having trouble getting some momentum there, but I’m please with my Feedburner growth, so I can’t complain.
- Tracked down more debuts. I just set up some weekly Google alerts that might help there. I did buy a rather pricy subscription to Publishers Marketplace, which is helping.
- Covered other genres yet, other than one debut showcase.
- Attracted over 250 feed subscribers through Feedburner. I had over 350 through Fantasy Debut’s Google Reader count, but I had to expect that some of them were dead.
- Attracted more Twitter followers, but I have not paid enough attention to give you an exact number. Maybe 40 or so.
- Joined Blogcritics and managed to get a good discussion on my first article. I meant to put up a followup article, but the weekend was too full for me to squeeze in another thing.
- Put up a cool Amazon debut widget. I just hope it won’t be too much trouble to maintain.
- Added several widgets to improve discussion experience.
In order for this to be a truly world class blog, I probably need to put in more time than I have. Therefore, I’ll put in just enough time to make it fun, and hope that’s enough to keep you happy. If you’ve been popping in every now and then, please subscribe using the Feedburner icon. I watch that number with greedy interest. It’s my favorite number! Oh, and I’m also supposed to be asking you to bookmark this page so you won’t forget about it. So if you’d do one or the other — or join using Friend Connect — that would just be ducky.
Thanks for visiting! Please leave any critiques, ideas, or timesaving suggestions in the comments.